Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications
中文 | 한글
Why Choose CQUPT
What to Learn +
How to Apply
Visa&ResidencePermit +
Scholarship +
Accommodation +



Start your preparations to come to China as soon as your place is confirmed.

You may apply for your Chinese student Visa (X visa) at the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in your home country. When applying for your visa, please remember to bring along with your valid passport, the original copy of the university’s Admission Notice, Visa Application Form for Foreign Students Studying in China (also known as JW201/JW202 form) and physical examination record (original). Make sure that your Admission Notice, your JW201/JW202 form and physical examination record are handed back to you together with your passport after obtaining your Chinese visa. You will need these documents to apply for your Residence Permit after your arrival in Chongqing.

International students who will be studying in China for more than 6 months are required to obtain X1 Visa,while students who will be studying in China for less than 6 months may apply for X2 visa. .

Note: X1 visa will only be valid for 30 days after your arrival in China. You must apply for a Residence Permit within 30 days in order to obtain a legal status in China. You are discouraged from arriving in China ahead of time due to the short time limit of your visa. Furthermore, you are not eligible to apply for a Residence Permit until you finish the registration in CQUPT.

a)X1 Visa

X1 Visa is for people studying in China for more than 6 months. Once issued, it allows applicants 30 days to register at the international student office of their university and apply for a residence permit. Before applying for a residence permit, however, students are required to get a health report from the Chongqing Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau.

b)X2 Visa

X2 visa is for people engaging in short-term (less than 6 months) academic activities in China. It specifies how many days in total applicants are allowed to stay in China on the visa page. For example, if you enter China with an X2 visa valid for 180 days on September1, you may stay until February 25 of next year.